Wednesday 19 February 2014

Week 7 - Chocolate - Chocolate cupcakes


Ahhh, chocolate. You just can't beat it. A bit of an open-ended baking theme though. So I decided to keep it simple with some basic cupcakes. I adapted the recipe from here and it made 48 cupcakes. We're going to turn into cupcakes if we eat any more. 


Basic cake ingredients: plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, eggs, sugar, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and cocoa powder. 


 Chuck it all on the bowl in one go. I love recipes like this.


Mix until combined and then add just enough boiling water to make the mixture really smooth. What you end up with is a glorious bowl of chocolate heaven. 


Plonk it in cases, hopefully a bit more neatly than I managed.


First batch (of four) out of the oven. They tasted alright straight from the oven but by the next morning they had become more moist and gooey and much more delicious. This is not a good thing when you have a tin of 48 sat on the kitchen counter. 

Next time, the theme is gluten free. I may possibly attempt French macaroons, if I can summon the courage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment